To fetch data of one month from your SQL database in Power BI, you can use Power Query Editor to filter the data based on your desired timeframe. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Open Power BI and go to the “Home” tab.
- Click on “Get Data” and choose the appropriate SQL database connection option (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, etc.).
- Provide the necessary connection details to connect to your SQL database and click “Connect.”
- In the “Navigator” window, select the table(s) you want to import and click “Load” or “Transform Data” to open the Power Query Editor.
- In Power Query Editor, locate the column that contains the date information you want to filter.
- Right-click on the column header and select “Filter” from the context menu.
- In the filter options, choose the “Date” or “Month” filter, depending on how your date data is structured.
- Specify the range or specific month you want to filter, and click “OK.”
- Power Query Editor will apply the filter, and you will see the filtered data in the preview pane.
- Click “Close & Apply” to load the filtered data into Power BI.
By following these steps, you should be able to fetch and display data for a specific month from your SQL database in Power BI.