Table of Contents
National Movement in India
Introduction In India, the Nationalist movement was the early popular movement in search of India’s independence from Great Britain.
Although acts like Salt March in 1930 took pressure on the colonial administration and won concessions, it was limited in the realm and decreased from full independence demanded.
The Swadeshi movement encouraged the Indian people to stop using British products. Later on, they started using their own handmade products. ✌✌✌
What is Indian National Movement?
The Indian National Movement was an organized mass movement concerned with the interests of the people In India, the Nationalist movement was the early popular movement in search of India’s independence from Great Britain.
The Swadeshi movement which was a part of the Indian freedom struggle was a successful economic strategy. It helped to remove the British empire and improve economic conditions in India.
Why National Movement in India took place?
Causes of the National Movement ???
2) Unity through Language
3) British Economic Policies.
List of National Movements in India
- The Indian National Movement undoubtedly was one of the biggest people’s movements in Asian Countries.
- It was also a popular and multi-class movement. It was basically the result of a fundamental contradiction between the interests of Indian people and British colonialism.??
- Indian people will be able to see that India was financially weaker and was passing through the process of development.
Revolt of 1857
- Indian revolt of 1857-59 was a widespread but unsuccessful rebellion against the rule of the British East India Company in India, which was working as a sovereign power from the British Taj.
- Indian National congress formed On 28 December 1885, the first session of the Indian National Congress (INC) was held in Mumbai. It was continued till 31 December.
- Retired British civil servant Allan Octavian Hume along with Dadabhai Naoroji founded the Indian National Congress.
- The INC is the first national movement of a political kind in India. It’s the initial aim of getting more Indians involved in the governance of the country.
- Later on, its purpose upgraded to complete independence. ???
Formation of Muslim league
- On 30 December 1906, the All-India Muslim League (AIML), popularly known as the Muslim League was founded in Dhaka, British India (now in Bangladesh).
- Factors that promote the Muslim league are – Lack of Education, Expression of Religious Colour, Economic backwardness of India, British Plan, No sovereignty for Indian Muslims.
Who started Indian National Movement?
Dadabhai Naoroji formed the East India Association in 1867.??
Surendranath Banerjee founded the Indian National Association in 1876.
Inspired by a suggestion made by A.O. Hume, a retired Scottish civil servant, seventy-two Indian representatives met in Mumbai in 1885 and founded the Indian National Congress.
In which year did National Movement start?
11th November of 1902 national movements started. Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Bipin Chandra Pal, Lala Lajpat Rai, V. O. Chidambaram Pillai, Sri Aurobindo, Surendarnath Banerji, Rabindranath Tagore were some of the major leaders of this movement.
3 phases of the National Movement in India.
The history of the Indian national movement is divided into the following three phases:
• The Early Nationalist Phase (1885-1905)
• The Assertive Phase (1905-1918)
• The Gandhian phase (1919-1947) ???
Who is the Father of the National Movement?
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy (1772-1833) is the pioneer leader who is often called not only “the father of Indian Nationalism” but also “the father of Modern India”.
- This period was the best period highlighted with the activities of some politico-religious reformers who raised their voice against the ancient Indian superstitions and forward toward modernization.
- Thus, this period belongs to those great personas. First freedom fighter of India Mangal Pandey, the man who is often referred to as the first freedom fighter of India.
- In such a scenario, it was one braveheart who dared to rebel against the British.???
List of top 10 freedom Fighters in India
• Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
• Jawaharlal Nehru.
• Mahatma Gandhi.
• Tantia Tope
• Lal Bahadur Shastri.
• Kunwar Singh
• Rani Lakshmi Bai
All revolutionary organizations in India Name Founder Place Year
1) Vyayam Mandala:-
Chapekar founded this organization. It was founded in 1896 in Pune.
It was founded by Savarkar Brothers. It was founded in 1901 in Nashik. Before it was founded as Abhinav Bharat but in 1903 name was changed.
3) Anushilan Samiti:-
It was Satish Chandra Basu and Pramathanath Mitra. It was founded in 1902 in Kolkata.
4) Swadesh Samiti:-
It was founded by Ashwini Kumar Dutta. It was est in the year 1905.
5) Hindustan Republic Association:-
It was founded by Sachindra Nath Sanyal, Pratul Ganguly, Narendra Sen. It was founded in 1924 in Kanpur.
What is the first National Movement in India?
The first session of the Indian National Congress was in 1885. The Congress was the first modern nationalist movement to emerge in the British Empire in Asia and Africa.
How many National movements took place till 1947?
The Indian independence movement was a series of historical events with the ultimate objective of ending British rule in India. The movement spreads from 1857 to 1947.
Books on Indian National Movement:
- Discovery of India
- Indian National Movements (Spectrum)
- Indian Home Rule
- Freedom at Night
- My experiments with truth
- The nationalist movement in India
- Passage to India
- Parallel Life
- NCERT Books on Indian History
- State board books on Modern History
Read PDF about National Movement in India
India got freedom
- The Indian Independence Bill, which maintains independent nations of India and Pakistan from the former Mughal empire, applies at the stroke of midnight on August 15, 1947.
- The long-awaited agreement had ended the 200-year-old British rule and it was awarded the Indian Independence Leader Mohandas Gandhi “as the greatest work of the British nation”.
- However, the religious struggle between Hindus and Muslims, who After World War II, Britain had delayed Indian independence, soon Gandhi was killed.
- In the northern province of Punjab, which was rapidly divided between Hindu-dominated India and Muslim-dominated Pakistan, independence Hundreds of people were killed in the first few days.
The mass movement failed to obtain independence from India because it was called several times before the end of it was naturally called. But Indians were triggered with their non-violent philosophy from data like Mahatma Gandhi. It made pressure on the British occupation.